JDev 11g new feature - webapp.deploy

If you are moving from JDeveloper 10g to 11g Technology Preview, as I did in the past days, you may find this handy - it took me a while to figure it out, so it may save you time.

I used to deploy my Web Services applications directly from the IDE with the context menu on the webapp.deploy node, as in the picture below.



With 11g, it's a little different. The node is gone; instead you can find the command directly on the project's node.



And, if you want to make modification to the deployment descriptor, you will find a new entry in the project properties screen, under the deployment category.



I'll share some more, as there are some nice features. Check the "Test Proxy" feature on Brian's blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing the version of JDK used by JDeveloper

Connection reset from a WCF Web Service

Test locally first, then deploy to the cloud.