Friday the 30th, Halloween is just around the corner

Always been confused between 13th and 30th, when it goes to English pronunciation - go figure.

There has been a lot going on, and it may explain why my blog has been so quiet lately. Here are some fun facts and though about Web square (a.k.a 2.0):
  • Thanks to a spammer, I came across an old post of mine where I was happy to see my ranking in the oc4j WS forum so high. Since, I have been moving to other area of development, and only reply to forum post using feedly reader, when I kind of see obvious error I can help with. I used to have a gold medal - now I am a newbie again. Did I lost my mojo?
  • My new center of interest goes around ADF nowadays, and there is a new blog to add to your list - ADF Garage.
On the fun part, I am wondering if it would make sense to put multiple mobile version of web sites, side by side in a single page, instead of using the full blown version, even when you are on a wide-screen computer, attached to a fast network.

  • Try facebook and twitter mobile editions, side by side as google gadgets or with the eXo portal - Tug, are you reading this?
  • I love the karma feature in feedly - it give you some interesting inside on what others do with your tweets. I need to figure out a way to get google reader setup for source inside the firewall...
  • Typo are very easy with mobile device, and the use of # with the wrong keyword make it all goes to the drain - search #oow2009 vs. #oow09 :-) / We need auto correct on the fly to supplement our slow brains or chubby fingers...
And my next fun project is to write a tool to cleanup some large XML files; a small jazn-data.xml file, with about ~13k lines. I need a nice UI to search for grants for given resource path or by role. For the job, I'll pick JDeveloper 11g and his companion book : Processing XML documents with Oracle JDeveloper 11g. I'll report back once I have it all figured out, in a couple of nights ;-)

Until then, Happy Halloween everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing the version of JDK used by JDeveloper

Connection reset from a WCF Web Service

unexpected null value for literal data